heel markings

rponycar

Hello, I'm a Newb to this site, but a Warmoth fan for a few years.
I have a neck that I bought used a while back, wondering what some of the markings mean. I'm looking to have another made as much like it as possible.
*The number 765
* the BT after 6130
* I'm guessing the SS means stainless steel, but would have guessed it to be near the 6130
All help much appreciated

Attachments

• Heel back2.JPG
    Heel back2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 192
  • heel end2.JPG
    heel end2.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 192
From the square cornered overhang, I'd say it was a 24-3/4" conversion neck. On the site, I don't see SS6130 frets listed. Only nickel/silver. Can't help you with the rest. Maybe someone who's more familiar with things will chime in.

The number stamped into the end is likely a production tracking number, which means essentially nothing. It's unusual because it's stamped into the wood, rather than inked, but I'm pretty sure you can still just ignore it.

The hand-written "1.678" is likely the final measured nut width. In this case it's closest to 1 11/16". They're never exact conversions due to sanding.

I'm guessing the "9" is a fretboard radius, as they usually say "Warmoth Radius" if it's a compound radius 'board.

The red dot means it was originally finished with a clear satin, which looks a lot like raw wood, hence the indicator.

I'm guessing the "SS" means Stainless Steel frets, although usually the hand-written wire size is followed by a SS if that's the case. Don't know what "BT" could mean.

The square fretboard end is usually reserved for short (24 3/4", Gibson) scale 'boards.

A caliper, ruler, and a set of radius gauges could be used to check some of that stuff.

Cagey said:
The number stamped into the end is likely a production tracking number, which means essentially nothing. It's unusual because it's stamped into the wood, rather than inked, but I'm pretty sure you can still just ignore it.

The hand-written "1.768" is likely the final measured nut width. In this case it's closest to 1 11/16". They're never exact conversions due to sanding.
That would be "1.678"..I know, it's a typo... :laughing11:

you could probs call the Big W. even doe its second hand they might give you some info if they can. maybe the heel numbah correspondinates to an order

The final 2 mysteries would be BT = black tusq string nut and SS = short scale  :turtle:

Back