top 100 solos...

Mine have always been, music, spend time in the outdoors exploring and sex

I never even had a TV till I was mid way through my late 30s and got married

and the rule still is, when the music is on the tv is off. :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif:

Jusatele said:

and the rule still is, when the music is on the tv is off. :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif:

Ha, how could i forget sex!  :laughing7:

elfro89 said:
Jusatele said:

it's easy, you got married

Jusatele said:
elfro89 said:
Jusatele said:

HEYOOO!

6a00d8341c630a53ef01156ff9c1ea970c-pi.jpg

Gotta throw my 2 cents in...

Schenker on Rock Bottom (UFO) kills IMHO... I like the solo's from Working Man (Rush), 22 Acacia Avenue (Maiden), and most anything by either Dann Huff (Giant) or James Byrd (Atlantis Rising)...

Jusatele said:
elfro89 said:
Jusatele said:

if i ever think about getting married at my age, shoot me in the foot!

Just like the rest of you..this list is a tough one...can't argue too much with Page on top--that solo is a masterpiece of timing, prasing and building tension....great vibrato near the end too. Did anybody mention Lynch's solo on "In my Dreams"? Perfectly constructed and listen to the best brown vocal warm distortion on the stand alone chord section immediately after the solo. I wore that cassette out!

There are a lot of excellent solos out there, but in my mind, nothing will ever touch Hendrix's "Machine Gun" from the "Band of Gypsies" album. There are a lot of things about it you could critique, but the work had a passion to it that has never been reproduced. Of course, that was Jimi's magic. He wasn't the most technically correct, accurate or proficient player, but you couldn't take away the soul of the man, which was glaringly apparent in his sound. Practice his stuff 'til your fingers bleed, buy all the same equipment, run it the same way in the same venues, and you still won't get anywhere near it. Kinda like Janis Joplin during the same period. She really wasn't that great a singer, technically, but nobody has ever really been able to touch the passion she brought to her art. Closest I've heard since is that angry bitch, I can never remember her name, but I'll bet you know who I'm talking about. Everybody always does.

I just remembered - Alanis Morrisette. Man, she's got bitter in the bank, eh? <grin>

Marko said:
AGWAN said:
^ My daddy was a Roadie for Whitesnake. you know know roughly one third of what I know about him...

About John Sykes?? tell us everything! I am a big fan!
(was he there for the Adrian Vandenberg and Steve Vai periods?)

XD! nonono... About my dad! he was a roadie for whitesnake, and that is most of what I know about him.

Sorry, I don't even know who John Sykes is!

Paul Gilbert on the Mr. Big album. Tasty, technical and not too over-the-top. John Scofiled from Enroute. Crazy chops over the top of some really out there progressions. Totally agree about Al D and Kiss My Axe. One of my favorites. SRV on Couldn't Stand the Weather. Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien. Ronnie Montrose - pick one. Randy Rhodes on Blizzard. I'm really getting into Richie Blackmore and John Petrucci lately too. Just about anything from Dream Theater leaves me going "woh".

Back