Album Preview

ThePhilosopher

I'm planning to release my next album in October and put together this preview with snips from various tracks (some of the transitions are less than stellar) to give a general feel for how the album will come sound.

The track snippets used are wholly unmastered at this point and the whole thing is probably lacking a little polish. Any feedback (either way) is greatly appreciated.

[soundcloud]dbartko/album-preview[/soundcloud]

Wow, exciting stuff. Did you use P5 tuning on these tracks? And the drumming - is it both real and programmed?

There is a variety of tunings on the tracks, let me see if I remember them all. The drumming is all programmed.

8 String: E-B-E-A-D-G-B-E, C-G-D-G-D-G-B-E
7 String: A♭-E♭-A♭-D♭-G♭-B♭-E♭, A♭-D♭-G♭-B-e-a♭-d♭, A♭-D♭-A♭-D♭-G♭-B♭-E♭
6 String: B♭-F-B♭-F-B♭-D, C-G-C-G-C-E, B♭-F-B♭-E♭-G-C, F-C-G-D-A-E, C-G-C-F-A-D

ThePhilosopher said:
8 String: E-B-E-A-D-G-B-E, C-G-D-G-D-G-B-E
7 String: A♭-E♭-A♭-D♭-G♭-B♭-E♭, A♭-D♭-G♭-B-e-a♭-d♭, A♭-D♭-A♭-D♭-G♭-B♭-E♭
6 String: B♭-F-B♭-F-B♭-D, C-G-C-G-C-E, B♭-F-B♭-E♭-G-C, F-C-G-D-A-E, C-G-C-F-A-D

Oooh, my head hurts ...  :help:
I can barely make out the six normal strings with standard E-A-D-g-b-e tuning (or E-A-D-g-h-e tuning as you would say in swedish).

:bananaguitar:

Send me a track bounced down to -6db in 16bit wav uncompressed..nothing on master fader but gain plugin at -6.  Let me see if I can whip up a quick master.

Logrinn said:
Oooh, my head hurts ...  :help:
I can barely make out the six normal strings with standard E-A-D-g-b-e tuning (or E-A-D-g-h-e tuning as you would say in swedish).

To be fair they are all variants of Dropped D, Open C, and the oddball Fifths.

fdesalvo said:
:bananaguitar:

Send me a track bounced down to -6db in 16bit wav uncompressed..nothing on master fader but gain plugin at -6.  Let me see if I can whip up a quick master.

I'll work on that over the weekend.

Back