Eddie Money Cashes Out

Damn, that's a bummer. A friend of mine was his drummer for a while. He spoke well of him as a person to work with. A lot of people will miss him.

Guess he cashed in one of those tickets to paradise. (Sorry, but it had to be said sooner or later...)

Gonna be a lot of these guys stepping out of the canoe. 70 seems a good run for a rock and roller but a bit young otherwise.

I had dinner tonight with a guitarist who knew a sound engineer who knew him during his drinking period and his view of Eddie was dim.  As for me I saw him as  the opening act for Santana. this group of girls sitting next to us were screaming for him like he was the second coming, and we thought that was the funniest thing and started laughing and the girls started hollaring at us.  And it made it funnier.  As soon as Eddie was done the girls left. Thank god ... they were so annoying, especially to the die hard Santana fans.  Santana put on a great show.

That’s my edddie money story.

Agreed, May he rest in peace

One of my clients was playing a single at a local club when Eddie and his band came in for supper after opening for some supergroup here in Wichita. The club owner gave them a back room for privacy and asked Scott to keep it on the down low until the next set, then announce they were in the house. At the end of the evening, Eddie's guitarist came out and complimented Scott on his slide playing (Scott doesn't sing), and Eddie was the last out. He laid 10 one dollar bills on Scott's guitar amp, and growled "Here's a little something from Eddie Money" and ambled out. Scott said the bills looked like they had been used to clean up the underside of an old Ford after changing the oil.... But they are still in a plastic bag stashed in his bank box to this day....

Back