Expensive W on the 'bay

Nightclub Dwight

Beautiful geetar, but methinks this fellow wants top dollar for his Warmoth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Got-Quilt-Warmoth-spectacular-singlecut-die-/130390728370?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item1e5be49eb2

Plus, I've always thought a Strat/Tele hybrid should be the other way around.  Use the tele bridge. control plate, and bridge p/u, and add in strat neck and/or middle pickups.  You can put it on either a strat or tele body as you wish, but thats how I'd do it.  I just don't see what you gain by adding a hardtail strat bridge, controls and pickups to a tele body.  Unless you really like that body, it doesn't add a sonic difference really.  Its a strat on a tele body.  I'd rather it be a little of both.

!BfZ2E7QBWk~$(KGrHqEH-CkErfKw(t+fBLBHE-7ddg~~_35.JPG

I think if you remove the "1" he's still asking too much. It's got a nice enough top, but the guitar just has so, so much working against it.

He'll figure it out eventually.

it does seem a bit pricey. I can't imagine there being much more than $1,100-$1,200 in the thing, if that. But, it is an attractive guitar and I'm sure it plays and sounds great. We'll see in 6 days or so if anyone falls in lust with it.

Nightclub Dwight said:
...Plus, I've always thought a Strat/Tele hybrid should be the other way around.  Use the tele bridge. control plate, and bridge p/u, and add in strat neck and/or middle pickups. 
I agree. That's what I wanted to do with this
dsc03232s.jpg

My favorite things of both guitars. I prefer tele bridge & strat middle/neck than the three strat single coils. Plus the annoying volume control of the strat is out in the tele!

Kostas said:
Nightclub Dwight said:
...Plus, I've always thought a Strat/Tele hybrid should be the other way around.  Use the tele bridge. control plate, and bridge p/u, and add in strat neck and/or middle pickups. 
I agree. That's what I wanted to do with this
dsc03232s.jpg

My favorite things of both guitars. I prefer tele bridge & strat middle/neck than the three strat single coils. Plus the annoying volume control of the strat is out in the tele!

Yes, now thats a Strat/Tele hybrid!  Heck, as I mentioned, even put it on a rear-routed Strat body if you want to get all fancy (but I'm a tele guy at heart.)

I'm not thrilled with the Strat volume knob placement either, but what really bugs me is the 3 way switch placement on a Strat.  I tend to hit it on enthusiastic downstrokes, and because of the way its angled, I always flip it.  On a Tele its not so much a problem, if I do hit it, it doesn't change the setting.  Plus, on a Tele, I like to flip the control plate, and run the volume knob where the 3 way switch normally goes.  That makes it easier to reach down with the pinky finger to do volume swells and other neat tricks.

SInce the Telecaster was my first guitar as a kid growing up (lucky me) it just feels right to me.  Like an old pair of broken in jeans.

Back