Formula 1

ORCRiST

First off, I've always been a fan of almost any type of racing but I simply cannot understand why the US embraces NASCAR. I'd rather watch grass
grow than watch any race on an frickin' Oval. NASCAR drivers and cars seem about as technical and challenging as a 6th grade Science Fair compared to anything
open-wheel or on two-wheels, but I digress...

Seeing as how the United States Grand Prix is this weekend, I was wondering if anyone else here is a Formula 1 fan...?

Have any of you Texas peeps (lookin' at you Doug) checked out the Circuit of the America's? Its literally the most beautiful track I've ever seen and the Formula 1
drivers rave about how good/fun it is to drive on and the teams rave about the facilities in general. Going to a Formula 1 race has always been on my personal 'bucket list'... someday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Jee_AuH_Y

ORCRiST

I'm a big fan of F1 since the beginning when it was just Gran Prix racing .  The Abu Dhabi race was a trip .. Vettel with a 30 + lead on the field was something rarely seen in any form of racing.    Next year should prove quite interesting with the driver changes and switch to the little V6

I'm watching it on and off. I suspect I will see more next year when Kevin Magnussen takes one of the seats at McLaren.
icon_denmark.gif

I was into it at a certain age - "Can-Am", that'll date me. But then in the next certain age, it had to compete with girls, drugs and guitars, my inner Dan Gurney got squeezed out of existence. On a day-to-day basis, I'd say there's a heck of a lot more inventions and materials coming out of auto racing than out of moon landings...

ORCRiST said:
First off, I've always been a fan of almost any type of racing but I simply cannot understand why the US embraces NASCAR. I'd rather watch grass
grow than watch any race on an frickin' Oval. NASCAR drivers and cars seem about as technical and challenging as a 6th grade Science Fair compared to anything
open-wheel or on two-wheels, but I digress...

Seeing as how the United States Grand Prix is this weekend, I was wondering if anyone else here is a Formula 1 fan...?

Have any of you Texas peeps (lookin' at you Doug) checked out the Circuit of the America's? Its literally the most beautiful track I've ever seen and the Formula 1
drivers rave about how good/fun it is to drive on and the teams rave about the facilities in general. Going to a Formula 1 race has always been on my personal 'bucket list'... someday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Jee_AuH_Y

ORCRiST
I couldn't agree more, I loath nascar. I do like F1, but i'm more into MotoGP, which was here in Texas at COTA this year. But unfortunately I wasn't able to go. But I will next year. It is a beautiful track... :headbang1:

Back