I double dog dare you...

This is me, with a friend, in the late sixties. That's me standing behind the drivers side door of my 1964 Rambler American, that I bought for $300 and put over 100,000 miles on. A lot of those miles were in trips from Grass Valley, CA, to San Francisco to take in concerts at Bill Graham's Fillmore West. Those were heady times - I saw a lot of the sixties bands that are classic rock staples now. The atmosphere and "zeitgeist" of those times and places is almost impossible to convey if you weren't there.
john griffin and me and rambler n auburn st b&w conversion.jpg

All I could find, dunno where rest are.IMG_5388.jpgIMG_5386.jpg I think maybe 35 years ago? Time is a beeaaghtch. Still looking for casstttes or VHS of"Buck Daddy and the Ebeneezers" rocking the house. lol

Last edited:
Clown 364 Invert.JPG

Probably around 4th grade, if I had to guess (and, no, it was not around Halloween! 🤪). My life changed dramatically when my mom told me that being a clown was not a proper career choice. Oh, dear ...

15934.jpg

Close up of my avatar. This is early '89 after getting my first guitar for Christmas of '88. It was basically a black no-nane Cort style hardtail with 2 single coils and strat shape. Also got a small Peavey amp. The first song I learned was Devil Inside by INXS. Wasn't good enough to learn the solo, which I thought was amazing because it opened with a slide up the fretboard.

View attachment 61886

Close up of my avatar. This is early '89 after getting my first guitar for Christmas of '88. It was basically a black no-nane Cort style hardtail with 2 single coils and strat shape. Also got a small Peavey amp. The first song I learned was Devil Inside by INXS. Wasn't good enough to learn the solo, which I thought was amazing because it opened with a slide up the fretboard.
cool first riff!

Back