Many Firsts

ActualGenuine

First time really reading this forum, first post, first Warmoth build, and the first picture I took of it.

It's also my first Strat style guitar, first tremolo, first free float setup, first active pickups, etc. =)

After a false start with a body from another supplier I came to Warmoth for the body, neck, and custom pickguard, and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality.

The build went great and the guitar plays like a dream. So many different sounds from this one!

nOeDCnv.jpg

That looks great, Actual Genuine! Welcome to the forum.

Strap buttons coming soon, I hope!  :glasses9:

Hah, yep, it's got Dunlops on it now. =) Couldn't wait to play it so I skipped that, and then reminded myself to practice standing up.

Beautiful guitar.

I don't want to alarm you but it looks like you have a ghost hiding behind the strat. Looks like the entity in question is a bearded man. I suspect the Strat is haunted. Send it my way so I can perform an exorcism.

Nice guitar, congrats on your successful build! But I think I'm more interested in/curious about the room it's in. Is it a workshop with a sauna? A porch/deck? Are those slots in the floor (or is that a benchtop and I'm just viewing it all wrong)? So much pretty wood all around, and interesting structures/shapes. What's the story there? I can't quite put it together or tell what's what, exactly.

It's an infrared sauna, in the corner of my basement. Work bench is behind me as I took this; more guitars to the right and the amp is just visible to the left.

Thanks for all the comments! I've already ordered parts for a more ambitious build that will replicate (with updates) a guitar I've had since 1982.

Can't wait to get going on it.

The guitar is a swamp ash body, with Brazilian ebony neck and black ebony fretboard. It feels amazing, and plays better.

The Fishman pickups are the Classic Bridge, SSA, and SSP. Master volume, master tone, and three on off switches (one for each pickup).

Two push pulls set Voice 2 for the Humbucker and split the south coil, and either that switch or having both neck and middle switched on activates the appropriate “in between” Voice for the single coils.

I can get almost any sound I like with this setup; Strat, Tele, PAF or hot wound bridge Humbucker, even a reasonable middle switch LP tone with all three pickups on.

So far I like them, but I’m still adjusting to the active aspect. I didn’t expect it to matter but it kind of does.

Couple more details... that’s the Gotoh Wilkinson trem from Warmoth, with the semi-recessed route, and I went with Hipshot locking tuners. Tuning stability has been pretty good, but the strings are still breaking in so I expect it will get better still.

Back