My New Warmoth Regal

Snake

I just finished this last Friday and have been very busy playing it!

The specs: swamp ash solid body, Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers set, push/push volume pots for coil splits, Warmoth roasted maple Regal 24.75" conversion neck, stainless steel 6100 frets, 59 roundback profile, 10-16" compound radius.

Ok, here's some photos. The light was a bit unfavorable for these photos so sorry about the glare on them:

Jolene%20Av.jpg

Jolene%203.2.jpg

Jolene%204.2.jpg

Jolene%20Final.jpg

Scarlett%20and%20Jolene.jpg

Photo of the back:

Jolene%202.jpg

Man that looks GREAT with the roasted maple. Nice finish on the body. Post again and let us know how you find the swamp ash. Congrats on a job well done.  :hello2:

musicispeace said:
Man that looks GREAT with the roasted maple. Nice finish on the body. Post again and let us know how you find the swamp ash. Congrats on a job well done.  :hello2:

Thanks! I love the swamp ash, it's my favorite bass guitar wood of all time and I fell in love with the old Gibson Les Paul voodoo when I first played it over a decade ago. I never did buy a voodoo though so when I thought up this Regal it was about 6 years ago. Then the lawsuit happened a few years later right as I was about to place this order! Luckily Warmoth brought the Regal into existence. The Regal design is perfect btw, they really made the upper fret access "problem" of the old LP style a thing of the past!

Anyway, I'm in love with this guitar. The tone, the feel, the look, it's all there! It's a very responsive guitar and very versatile. I would definitely do it again or maybe order another one in the future. 

fdesalvo said:
NP!  How do you find the tone?

I'm really in love with the tone of this guitar. It's brighter than a Les Paul voodoo and not quite as bright as a 2009 Raw Power Les Paul (all maple body and all maple neck). The WLH set really does great in this guitar and the split coil tones are somewhere between a Tele and whatever you would call single coils in a LP style guitar. It's got great lead tones, crystal clear and articulate chord voicing and can handle lots of gain or just dial a bit in for a smoother but dirty tone. So far I have been able to play funk, reggae, folk, classic rock, hard rock, and punk rock with this guitar. It's proving to be quite versatile!

Thanks guys, I really missed having a blue guitar since it's my favorite color. I last owned one in 2008 which was a Gibson Les Paul that I loved but had to sell sadly. I really love how this Regal looks, feels and plays. I'm a very happy camper!

Nice, I can definitely get used to that body style.  Still not a big fan of the new headstock though - too pointy in my opinion.

Back