New Velocity Project

Great Ape

Beginning a new Velocity thingy...lightweight alder, two HMBKR, + trem...Ravens optional.

The wings are awesome on the Velocity body, fits really well on the upper bass-side area (I totally blanked on the name of it). Excited to see what colouring you come up with for this...

That's a hell of a thing, Greg.  Beautiful work as always.  It's truly a gift to be able to watch craftspeople like yourself do your work.

Wow, just wow! That’s one heck of a Poecaster! Love the hidden pair eyes.

What type of finish do you intend to use?

Thanks, guys, I have yet to decide on anything (colors, finish, pickups, etc.) beyond the ravens...

2 birds knockin beaks? I can get on board with that, my man. Makes me wanna set my thoughts on fire #blaze-it-on-wings-of-glory

I absolutely love the way you do the feathers. They're not easy to get right but you certainly do.

Cactus Jack said:
what type of wood burner do you use?

The brand is RAZERTIP, model 88-D10. Made in Canada, has a temperature control dial, and will
power two different burning pens at once. It ain't cheap, but I've been using the same one for as long as I've been doing this.

Rgand said:
I absolutely love the way you do the feathers. They're not easy to get right but you certainly do.
Thank you very much-It's one of those 'If y'want it to turn out right, there are no shortcuts' things.
It's pretty tedious, but I listen to Nick Johnston, and keep on burning...

Back