Post what you're listening to!

Crazy, I just learned of bill frisell in the
past couple of years from a video with Julian lage, I was wondering what rock band he played with in the 70s so I Wikipediad him and I don't see that he played inany that I recall. His discography is several pages long, they never played his stuff on commercial radio and I neverreallyheardofhim...

Last edited:
Crazy, I just learned of bill frisell in the
past couple of years from a video with Julian lage, I was wondering what rock band he played with in the 70s so I Wikipediad him and I don't see that he played inany that I recall. His discography is several pages long, they never played his stuff on commercial radio and I neverreallyheardofhim...

I envy you the pleasure you will experience as you begin to realize the depth and breadth of Frisell's work. Truly a genius of the guitar. He's got a little of that David Gilmour thing of "he doesn't play fast, but what he plays always counts." Everything he does is suffused with intention. One of my favorite musicians.

The world is just so gloomy and dark. Every once and a wile I have to take spin into music like this, or things like Rhapsody in Blue or Pachabels Canon. Or a good Dylan song like you ain't going no where ... mmmh I'm gonna play some Dylan now ..

A rollercoaster week for me. Started out with Band Maid founder Miku Kobato's solo pop album from a couple of years ago and finishing out the week with Steve Mariott. Then worked on practicing a solo from a Dwight Yoakam version of Merle Haggards Swinging Doors.

Love that name, Band-Maid ...
Once upon a time I thought if I could be reborn I'd be in a J-Pop band. Or maybe keyboards in a merengue band ...

I love this song ... I had a fever the other day because of your love ...
Inject me with your love ... and give me vitamins of careing. Science doesn't work, only your kisses (will cure me)

Makes me think of the first time I was in love. So amazing. I want to be in this band.

Last edited:
And this Gem, he says the price of things keep going up and no one cares what you think, we are an amulet between the ocean and heaven, a burning race, 500 years (after Columbus) but the question is who discovered who, yes, it's true, the cost of living keeps going up, unemployment goes up, corruption goes up, delinquency goes up ... it kills me. But the song is so much fun. Sometimes dancing is the best thing.

Last edited:
Been going back in time the past couple of days. This one covers two of my all-time favorites. Glad I got to see Buddy play in the early-mid '90s. Sad I never got to see Stevie ...

Back