Show us your Unique Choice Tops

Doner Designs

UC tops are amazing looking.  The cost is up there, but it does make the waiting for a custom build easier to bear since you know what the top will look like.  Also, for us bass players it's about the only way to get a fancy top since the showcase body selection is limited (unlike strats).

These are all UC tops except for the P bass which has standard birdseye with a walnut PG.

Tops are flame koa, flame maple and bocote.  All are clear coated.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0474 (2).JPG
    IMG_0474 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0246 (2).JPG
    IMG_0246 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 341
  • 2015 Lineup.png
    2015 Lineup.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 311
Those are all great but I have to say there is something about maple for a lam top that always gets me. I continue fantasizing about what something like buckeye burl would look like and there are some stunning examples of it but you do occasionally see one or two camphor burl options on the Warmoth site.

Not a UC top but it cost more than most UC tops. A really expensive showcase body I would not think of buying these days, still I'm glad I did it back in 2008. This was before DL tops. Not only beautiful but also a great sounding guitar. The most popular of my Warmoths between my friends despite being a bolt-on neck LP.

One piece chambered mahogany back - one piece thick flame maple top

Attachments

• 389.jpg
    389.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 496
Kostas said:
Not a UC top but it cost more than most UC tops. A really expensive showcase body I would not think of buying these days, still I'm glad I did it back in 2008. This was before DL tops. Not only beautiful but also a great sounding guitar. The most popular of my Warmoths between my friends despite being a bolt-on neck LP.

One piece chambered mahogany back - one piece thick flame maple top

Wow Kostas...
That is one sweeeeet  :glasses9: LP and I am soooo jealous!
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Doner, quick OT comment - love the work you guys are doing.  The NASA and Aircraft Carrier guitars are sick!

This'un's pretty unique.  THis is actually a single-lam top, predating the era of the mandatory multi-lam top.

6183310128_1eb16aa05b_b.jpg

This is the first pretty one I've got. Not built yet but I think its worth a post in this thread  :toothy12:
007_4.jpg

This was my first one, and a pretty rare one now...Flame Koa VW...

Attachments

• VW-koa.jpg
    VW-koa.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 496
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Doug.

Eric Wylie has that almost exact same body, one of the last ones just before EB/MM had em yanked.
Ya, I remember him building one before the cease...

Here's my Unique Choice Top. Warmoth did the Finish too.

Attachments

• 20151025_120820.jpg
    20151025_120820.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 425
Back