Tabacco Burst Body, Roasted Maple Kneck, Ebony Macassar Frettboard = Happy

Surf n Music

Well figured since she is all set up and complete and I am super happy I would do a thread in the finished section.
002-8.jpg
Here are the specs.
Body wood: 1 Piece Alder
Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Ebony (Macassar)
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: SRV
Fret Size: SS6115 (Stainless)
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Side Dots: Mother Of Pearl Side Dots
Finish: No Finish
Pickups: BKP 59 Slab Board set
Pots: 280K CTS Master tone, Master Volume
Tuners: Schaller
Bridge: Schaller Vintage Trem
Neck Plate: DR6 Custom  :)
Nut: LSR
Pickguard: Vintage Pearl
008-2.jpg
006-3.jpg
002-7.jpg
002-5.jpg

Nice work. 

Also:  I like how you sling that baby up high, where you can actually reach everything and have decent fretting hand position.  Well done!

Sweet guitar, man. And sweet hat! Are you a fellow Oregonian?

How do you like that roasted maple neck? I just placed my order for a roasted maple Tele neck, and I can't wait to see/feel/hear/smell it!

That's a nice piece of ebony as well. Was that a unique choice, or did you let the wood nymphs at Warmoth pick one at random out of the pile for you?

SlartiBartfast said:
Sweet guitar, man. And sweet hat! Are you a fellow Oregonian?

How do you like that roasted maple neck? I just placed my order for a roasted maple Tele neck, and I can't wait to see/feel/hear/smell it!

That's a nice piece of ebony as well. Was that a unique choice, or did you let the wood nymphs at Warmoth pick one at random out of the pile for you?

I am. From Bend  :) Go Lava Bears! Living the surfer life in Santa Cruz know though.

This is the best neck I have ever owned. A little burnishing and no finish and it is so dam smooth! Everytime I play I get catch a smell of sweet maple (no Joke) and find my self sniffing it once a sess. I guess some aroma therapy.

That Ebony was a unique choice. I love it. It almost looks like the maple is bleeding through with the lighter streaks, matches almost perfect. I think you are gonna be stoked on your neck!!

Bagman67 said:
Nice work. 

Also:  I like how you sling that baby up high, where you can actually reach everything and have decent fretting hand position.  Well done!

Haha I tried em down low and was like how in the hell do people do this. You are right, I couldn't fret for a dam so I said to hell with looking cool I rather have comfort  :laughing3:

Back