Warmoth customer service is epic but puts me in a dilemma. Help needed!

I've got two neck humbuckers to donate one's a PAF 36th anniversary dimarzio, the other is an Air Classic Neck, which one would suit you? Let me know. Or would both? I've tried them as a set with the Air Classic in the neck and the PAF in the bridge, and it doesn't match, but they work and if you don't do strumming with both at the same time it works, especially for jazz. A jazzer would like it. Strumming Combined, ugh. And since I'm a strummer it doesn't work for me, but if someone has nothing or is a jazz guy ...
Rick, I am so sorry. I somehow missed this message :-/ Yes, that would be amazing (especially the Air Classic neck is such a good pickup). Any idea how we could get those to Germany (where the guitar is being built)?

I'll put them in a box this weekend, weigh it, find how much it costs to mail to Germany, if it's less than $20 I'll pay for it. I'll PM when I find out. Sounds like a plan.

Hey Alex! What kind of pots are you after? What kind of knobs? Do you have a preference for strap buttons?

I've got some of the above - let me know what you're after.

Looks like the pickups are now in a bin at Newark Airport. My understanding on standard mail, they wait until a bin is full then put it on the plane. So right now it's probably getting piled up with divorce papers, car parts, vaccines, chips, boiler parts, potato chips and whatever else we send to Germany.

Bin must have filled up fast because now it's in Frankfurt! More likely it hit a bin that was almost filled. It went from my home town to Springfield MA, to Queens, NY (probably near JFK), then over to Newark, NJ.

Last edited:
Hey Alex! What kind of pots are you after? What kind of knobs? Do you have a preference for strap buttons?

I've got some of the above - let me know what you're after.
Given the design of the guitar, I'd say anything black will be good but also silver will do. Since I'll donate the guitar, there are no preferences regarding the strap buttons :) i think we should put together everything this community can assemble and then it'll have its own unique character and design :)

Looks like the pickups are now in a bin at Newark Airport. My understanding on standard mail, they wait until a bin is full then put it on the plane. So right now it's probably getting piled up with divorce papers, car parts, vaccines, chips, boiler parts, potato chips and whatever else we send to Germany.
Man, I loled 😂 literally ...
Shoot in the past 10 minutes it's left Frankfurt!
Awesome!!!!!! I'm in Italy now but back on Sunday. Given how fast it's moving, I can probably confirm receipt once it's arrived. May I ask, how much was delivery?

PS: the two biggies that are missing are neck and Gotoh 510. If no one has a spare, I'll either donate them privately or should I maybe start a Kickstarter campaign here to enhance quality?

No worries on the shipping costs, I'll just say they were reasonable and it's going to a good cause.
Noticed it traveled from "Frankfurt" and is now at "Customs Clearance / Germany" where ever that is.

Given the design of the guitar, I'd say anything black will be good but also silver will do. Since I'll donate the guitar, there are no preferences regarding the strap buttons :) i think we should put together everything this community can assemble and then it'll have its own unique character and design :)

Man, I loled 😂 literally ...

Awesome!!!!!! I'm in Italy now but back on Sunday. Given how fast it's moving, I can probably confirm receipt once it's arrived. May I ask, how much was delivery?

PS: the two biggies that are missing are neck and Gotoh 510. If no one has a spare, I'll either donate them privately or should I maybe start a Kickstarter campaign here to enhance quality?
Cool - I'm assuming 500k pots with humbuckers right? do you need 4 of them?

I recently ordered a neck and a Flying V body (V-K). The body arrived with a small dent on the wing. After writing Warmoth, they immediately put in production a new body which they will send in 2-3 weeks.

So far so amazing re Warmoth customer service...

...but now I will have two identical Flying V bodies (albeit one with a small dent) and only one neck. What to do with the second body? I am in between using it as a test body, hang it on the wall or build a second Flying V (which I don't need, I guess?). For the latter, I'd need a new neck but I really don't want to spend more on shipping and customs to Europe.

Aaah, what do I do?
“…or build a second Flying V (which I don’t need…)”
I don’t think you can use those words in the same sentence like that. Just doesn’t sound right.

No worries on the shipping costs, I'll just say they were reasonable and it's going to a good cause.
Noticed it traveled from "Frankfurt" and is now at "Customs Clearance / Germany" where ever that is.
Rick, you're awesome. Thanks so much.
Cool - I'm assuming 500k pots with humbuckers right? do you need 4 of them?
The drilling is for 2 holes and 1 toggle switch. So I'd need 2 500k pots :) Let me know if you want to participate - I can send you my address via pm.
“…or build a second Flying V (which I don’t need…)”
I don’t think you can use those words in the same sentence like that. Just doesn’t sound right.
lol you are right. But donating is still the better option. I'm 100% sold on the idea by now haha

Looking at parts I still need, I need to invest something like 400€. I am now contemplating if I should invest this myself, ask friends/family or start a small kickstarter for people here to join in.

Delivered!

Make a list of parts you need, and I'll send you what I can. At this point all I got is some screws, tuning buttons, maybe some springs, I might have a pickup ring? Dunno. Every little bit will help right?

Back