Warmoth Jam Ten

So, I have an idea for a sort of "W Jam 10.5".  :icon_jokercolor:

I have been working on a ten minute video project for my Media Production course final, and I have been scratching my head about music for it.

I was going thru my library of music seeking out something that would work, when I figured, "hey! I'll let the W guys have a crack at it!"

Anyone game? I'll try to get the movie up on youtube, and get a thread going with some basic instructions.

OK 4 days left on this and we've only got 3 people in on it.  I'm going to do one more solo using the D major scale and/or B harmonic minor.

I'm kind of bummed more people didn't get involved - I was hoping for more just to see how many different kinds of solos could be done of this simple backing. Oh well.

Gary, I feel your pain. I thought this was a cracker.

If there's a shortfall....

This is C#minor / Emajor; third different key on 3rd guitar and 3rd sound.

3rd solo mix

3rd solo unaccompanied

As before, please feel free to use/ignore, although I think it's the best of the three I've done :dontknow:[/quote]

I'm in and I've done one solo already. I just haven't had time to finish it and record the second I have planned :)

I'm going to do mine in the next day or so.

Are we supposed to do 2 solos? I only have the chutzpah for one.

no you don't have to do 2 - I just figured if people wanted to do more than one to try out some different scales or whatever, they could - especially if someone else already did one similar to what you wanted to do, you could do one similar and one different. I just didn't want everyone doing F# minor or pentatonic. But it doesn't matter - my experiment didn't go exactly as planned, but I'm really happy with the results so far anyway. The mix I'm working on sounds great, I think. I had it cranking today in here and my kids were in here dancing and going nuts to it - so we're on the right track hahaha. :laughing7:

djf67 did three solos and I'm thinking I may do another one too. What the hell? :headbang:

It's my turn to participate.

I have no clue on what scales I used for this stuff, but I think it's some kind of pentatonic F# or something.

...no I really don't know

Solomix and solo are attached

Edit: where can I upload the mp3 files?

The Norwegian Guy said:
It's my turn to participate.

I have no clue on what scales I used for this stuff, but I think it's some kind of pentatonic F# or something.

...no I really don't know

Solomix and solo are attached

Edit: where can I upload the mp3 files?

AWSOME solo.  :headbang:

DUDE, where have you been for the last 9 Jams????

Thanks alot! I'm not too happy with the ending though. I found it hard to land it with only two chords, but it was fun!

Well, I've been here all the time - I just didn't feel that I had enough to "add" if you know what I mean.

Sweet! Added to the mix - sounds killer.  :icon_thumright:

I think the idea of these jams is to work on your improvising skills - and to get out of your comfort zone at times. I think you gain something when the backing isn't something that you're comfortable with and you try to make it work anyway.

2 days left -  lets get those solos in here!

hi guys, i'll be jumping on this one!  :icon_biggrin:

got 2 ideas ill throw into the same solo,

Im going to add a second guitar playing some chords underneath if you cool with that? :)

chords shall be

F#maj7th(sus2) / F# Maj7th > Emaj7th(sus2) /  Emaj7th

F#maj9th(#4) / F#maj9th > Emaj9th(#4) / Emaj9th

sounds interesting -- can't wait to hear it. :icon_thumright:

I just did my third solo on this one - - I did a mix of F# minor pentatonic/blues/dorian rock type wailing with some whole tone thrown in for weirdness. ;)

right now I've got 9 different solos (from 4 players) in the mix....

I expect 3 more solos at least  - that will bring it up to the 13 minute mark

nice man nice  :headbang:

Ive gone for the Ionian/Lydian thing with this one like. Pretty much got what i want down, i'll post the file shortly  :toothy12:

here we are!

erm, a tiny little request, i sort of went over the end of the recording with the delay tail... (excuse the selfishness)

im thinking it might be best if it went on the end maybe to stop it violating someone else's solo. or you can just cut the end of it.  :icon_thumright:

The Norwegian Guy said:
wow, that's awesome Douhboy!

AWESOME, I say!

Well, if by awesome you mean sloppy & amateurish, then yes, it was pretty damn awesome.  :dontknow:

Back