Amp/cabinet pairing

I'm in the market for a new amp and cab for guitar and bass. I'm limited in space to just one cab (e

• Guitar cabinet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bass cabinet

• 3-way cabinet

• Other

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Pelagaard

I know I haven't been around in a while, but I've always valued the input from all you guys.

The usage ratio will probably be 60/40 bass/guitar, my guitars are all tuned to C or lower.

Years ago I my only amp was a Fender Bassman top on a 2x12 cabinet. It worked great for everything I ever plugged into it including a mandolin, a guitar and a keyboard. Maybe something of that nature would do what you want.

If you haven't seen them yet, Line 6 recently introduced a new cabinet that checks off a LOT of boxes. They call it the Powercab 112. I know it's not what you're asking for, but check it out. It does a helluva lotta things, and could save you buying an amp altogether. Plug a modeler or a pedalboard directly into it, and you have 250 watts to play with through a variety of speakers. As icing on the cake, it only weighs 35lbs. It's also not very large - 22x18x12 inches.

PwrCab112Pls-large.jpg

Without knowing your intentions, assuming you are looking for dedicated amplifiers, I'd recommend a couple of combo amps. You could go with an Ampeg 210 or 115 combo and then park a Blues Jr. Or a DSL on top of that. You'd have a couple of great amps that would cover just about any need and you'd be into it for about $1000.  Another route would be similar to Cagey's suggestion and go for a modeller or two and get a powered p.a. speaker. That's about as versatile and compact system you'll find.

Back