Flame maple Jazz bass - Sanded back black dye finish!

I'm looking forward to hearing clips of the bass/didgeridoo duets from Dolando's place.

That *is* a didge in the background by the gecko, ain't it?

Cagey said:
Put some green eyes on it somewhere, and it'd look like a tiger cat <grin>

Somehow I don't reckon we'll get a lot of low notes out of this guy: 

5oidk2.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words, especially when this was the second finish I tried on it. And I definitely didn't try and make it look like a cat, but the resemblance is uncanny.

I don't think that letter would find me...my bass collection is kept far to secret. ;) Oh and yes it is a Didgeridoo in the corner. I got it when I went to Australia 10 years ago....was it really that long ago. Its a good one as well, not a cheap tourist souvenir, it cost me around £250 if I remember rightly, sounds awesome.

....and I still can't put the bass down. I'm off to visit parents and its coming with me.  :guitaristgif:

Great job! Funny how plans can take a 90 degree turn at some point, but still become something beautiful...

Great Ape said:
Great job! Funny how plans can take a 90 degree turn at some point, but still become something beautiful...

Thanks, Yea it's nothing like what I originally planned but it all fits and works. I even chose that neck to match the other finish, but works actually fits much better with this finish. :)

Back