FR Nut Rear Neck Screws

Wizard of Wailing

I have 3 partscasters with original Floyd Roses on them. The 2 with the rear neck nut screws stay in tune WAY better than the one without those. Is this something others have experienced or is it probably something else?

like the nut stays attached better? I had an issue like that on a charvel with the front mounted nut and ended up having to modify it to make it rear mount.

In theory, if a FR nut is mounted with top screws only, the back-and-forth tension of strings each time you use the trem can work the nut loose and enlarge the screw holes over time. IN THEORY.

I've had guitars with the nut mounted both ways and never noticed any difference in tuning stability or anything else.

In theory, if a FR nut is mounted with top screws only, the back-and-forth tension of strings each time you use the trem can work the nut loose and enlarge the screw holes over time. IN THEORY.

I've had guitars with the nut mounted both ways and never noticed any difference in tuning stability or anything else.
Your THEORY is correct and it has happened to me once. I did have to loosen the nut a few times to shim it up and I *think* thats what caused it

Back