Houston....the Turtle has landed

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Well, not in Houston but in Texas.... :laughing7:
51223868498_9941b24983_b.jpg

51222950087_e5985e13fd_b.jpg

Nice !
My colony of turtles landed two days ago (2 necks).
One neck is maple, the other one is roasted curly maple with ziricote neck with 'copper/brown' turtle inlays.

Here's a close up of the maple neck's inlay:
PKSzeGi.jpg

They really knocked it out of the park with these turtle inlays. If I needed a Strat neck, I’d have been all over one of these.

I just bought it as a collectors piece, don't know that I'll even use it... :dontknow:

The turtle inlays look great, I wish that was an option we could choose on the builder! It seems a little incomplete though, like it could use something up towards the headstock end of the fretboard as well.

The roasted maple looks especially nice, really cool neck.

It’s probably worth emailing to ask about them making a turtle neck, presumably just a case of loading up the CNC files now they’ve done the R&D

SeaGroomer said:
The turtle inlays look great, I wish that was an option we could choose on the builder! It seems a little incomplete though, like it could use something up towards the headstock end of the fretboard as well.

The roasted maple looks especially nice, really cool neck.
Yes, the roasted maple is amazing, smooth as silk. And the Chechen fretboard is insane in person..

elstoof said:
It’s probably worth emailing to ask about them making a turtle neck, presumably just a case of loading up the CNC files now they’ve done the R&D

LOL, if they are out of those guitar necks maybe Aaron will ensure you are compensated with a turtle neck sweater instead?  :icon_jokercolor:

I personally think that just the larger turtle over the 12th fret would be enough, and leave the rest of the fretboard blank.

Re-Pete said:
elstoof said:

LOL, if they are out of those guitar necks maybe Aaron will ensure you are compensated with a turtle neck sweater instead?  :icon_jokercolor:
There's still plenty of them in the showcase, both strat and tele headstocks...

i checked in on mine today. My turtles should arrive late this week or early next week. I have a neck as well as a body coming. Im beyond impatient and excited for this build.

loversmoon said:
i checked in on mine today. My turtles should arrive late this week or early next week. I have a neck as well as a body coming. Im beyond impatient and excited for this build.
:headbang:

Back