How to Tell a Vendor is Bored

NedRyerson

A friend gave me the official go-ahead to start working on his guitar project, so I placed a bunch of orders last night (including a full custom body+custom neck+sundry parts with WM).

I also ordered a set of Dragonfire pickups.

13 minutes later, Dragonfire sends me a shipping confirmation.

21 minutes after that, USPS already scanned it in.

And if their address that I found on their USPTO trademark application is their actual place of business, it's a 12 minute drive to the post office in town.

Well, maybe they are sitting on a bunch of inventory just waiting for a sale.  I can just imagine the owner/pickup winder getting an email alert, looking, and just jumping on that order  :)

That's how I'm picturing it, too.  :laughing7:

Even my last order from them, the loaded pickguard for Red Death, was done and out the door the same day, although it was I think a few hours.

are the dragon fires just rebranded Artec pups or am i off my meds again?

I had some energy pizza today so it might be that. Stuff is like p90x for your tongue #InCrustWeTrust

They might be Artecs, but if not, they're very similar.

Also, I really don't want Tony Horton anywhere near my pizzas.

I live halfway across the country from our favorite candy vendor. I placed an order yesterday evening. It should be here tomorrow.

Yo OK so i did a deep dive on this, and it appearz Artec might manufactur DF (thats dragonfire) and some GFS (Guitars Fetish) pups in their factory in Korea, but they're not rebranded, they are made to each company's own specks. That's pretty dope.

Nice. I've been rather happy with the DFs in my V.  With the way I play and the gear I play through, I recorded sound samples with some of the guitars I have, and I honestly can't detect as significant of a difference that probably couldn't be compensated for in set-up or tweaks in signal chain to where I'd feel the need to spend the mega-bucks on the bigger-name pickups anymore.

The only reason I wanted to get the Seymour-Duncan Nazgul at one point was because of the name :)  Because OMG NAZGUL!  But if I can get a set of bridge & neck for less than the price of one SD....

Given the price and service that Dragonfire/TNT offers and honestly for the quality of the pickup in my evaluation, I -- as a non-gigging hobbyist -- really can't go wrong with them.

Back