Ibanez Rules Appreciation

exaN

I bought an AR2619 from Ibanez Rules last year and the neck pickup ring cracked a couple months ago so I emailed him asking if he had any in stock. He told me "due in stock 5/10/2018", so I kind of just forgot about it. On that exact date I got a notification that Ibanez Rules sent me a package and it arrived 3 days later, free of charge. I'm not affiliated with him in any way, but we all love a good customer service experience :icon_thumright:.

Rich is a solid dude and his instructions around setting up a trem have been a game changer for me.

How are you liking the AR? Those Ibanez Artists, especially the current Prestige model, have been on my "I'd love to have one" list for quite some time. The seem like a really well done fresh take on a Les Paul. Plus every prestige Ibanez I've played has been absolutely awesome. I wish they'd do a Prestige Artist with stripped down cosmetics to keep the price down a bit.

davegardner0 said:
How are you liking the AR? Those Ibanez Artists, especially the current Prestige model, have been on my "I'd love to have one" list for quite some time. The seem like a really well done fresh take on a Les Paul. Plus every prestige Ibanez I've played has been absolutely awesome. I wish they'd do a Prestige Artist with stripped down cosmetics to keep the price down a bit.

I always loved the look of the old Artist from the 80s so I was quite happy to see Ibanez reissuing it. The neck is thinner than a Les Paul's (maybe even a tad flatter than my Fender necks). The pickups are quite hot but they sound very good even when coil-tapped. It's very much what you'd expect from Ibanez's version of a Les Paul, very good axe! I do also wish its looks were toned down a little bit. I'd like it in chrome hardware more personally.

exaN said:
I bought an AR2619 from Ibanez Rules last year and the neck pickup ring cracked a couple months ago so I emailed him asking if he had any in stock. He told me "due in stock 5/10/2018", so I kind of just forgot about it. On that exact date I got a notification that Ibanez Rules sent me a package and it arrived 3 days later, free of charge. I'm not affiliated with him in any way, but we all love a good customer service experience :icon_thumright:.
He's an eagles fan, so I'm bound by Texas law not to do business with him... :icon_biggrin:

Back