Kitchen Aid stand mixer deal

You couldn't give my mom a KitchenAid. She swears by her $100 Sunbeam. It seems to be more than just "why pay more when this one works", but I can't recall why

I got my wife the 4.5 quart classic a couple years ago for her birthday. She's been very happy with it.
That one must be a monster.

swarfrat said:
You couldn't give my mom a KitchenAid. She swears by her $100 Sunbeam. It seems to be more than just "why pay more when this one works", but I can't recall why

From the looks of it I'd say the extra $$ in the Kitchen Aid ones are due to a very robust motor and construction.
I don't do much baking, but love to make gingerbread men for xmas. That dough is TOUGH to knead and mix ( I used to do it by hand). Never tried the sunbeam one, but from the look of it, I suspect it could choke out on some of the heavier / tough doughs.

Bagman67 said:
Buy it once,  never look back.  They're bulletproof.

Actually, we wore one out.  Gears started grinding.  Sold it for scrap.  What are we making you ask?  Perogies!  The machine was for the dough, but it could not cut it.

We replaced that sucker with an Ankarsrum mixer, and, er, never looked back  :)

My wife got an 800 watt Bosch top loading mixer for making bread. It's really up to the task.

Back