Koa Limited Release

Just received the koa body today, I have a koa neck on order so assembly is many weeks away. The roasted flame maple neck is still waiting for a screamin' deal body to present itself.

Wait you can order a koa neck? How much did that run you if I may ask? I want to see if I can build a neck with koa on the website.

Did you mean to say that the options from last year that you picked up were better than this year's offering? Which year had slim pickings? Is this photo that you uploaded a photo of this year or last year's offering?

This release is much better than the unique choice options from last year. I’m not saying they were bad or anything but definitely not on the same level as these and the options last year were pretty minimal.

Oh yes she does, were you born in Hawaii by chance?

I wasn’t. I’m originally from So-Cal but lived in Kona for 10 years. I had to leave due to work and I miss it a lot. :cry:

On the plus side……… practically everything is free shipping here though! :ROFLMAO:

I’d rather have the surf and turtles though.

I myself was amazed at how fast the bodies went. I woke up 30 minutes before the bodies went live and I kept refreshing the page until they showed up. As soon as I bought mine I went back to see if I could snag another body, nope, the good ones were gone.

Do you have a pic of the one you got? I would love to see more of them.

Was this during a previous years' offering? I did not see a solid koa offering a week ago.
It was the current offering, I would not be surprised if my order was the first purchase of the day. If anyone else got a solid koa body, fess up! I didn't see any others.

I myself was amazed at how fast the bodies went. I woke up 30 minutes before the bodies went live and I kept refreshing the page until they showed up. As soon as I bought mine I went back to see if I could snag another body, nope, the good ones were gone.
I was in the middle of my kid's school play, kept pressing "refresh" on my phone. From the listing going live to me searching for any solid koa body to purchased was under 20 seconds. Aint my first rodeo, just ask my Warmoth Meadowhawk.

Wait you can order a koa neck? How much did that run you if I may ask? I want to see if I can build a neck with koa on the website.
All you have to do is call. They only put it on the builder if they have lots of blanks available, occasionally you'll find one in the showcase. Doubt we will see any mass availability of koa ever again which is why I jumped at the solid body.

It was the current offering, I would not be surprised if my order was the first purchase of the day. If anyone else got a solid koa body, fess up! I didn't see any others.

I was in the middle of my kid's school play, kept pressing "refresh" on my phone. From the listing going live to me searching for any solid koa body to purchased was under 20 seconds. Aint my first rodeo, just ask my Warmoth Meadowhawk.

All you have to do is call. They only put it on the builder if they have lots of blanks available, occasionally you'll find one in the showcase. Doubt we will see any mass availability of koa ever again which is why I jumped at the solid body.

I just can't believe that they actually offered a solid koa body, that is nuts. Congratulations on the purchase. I imagined the whole scenario of you buying yours in my head as I read along to your reply. Your meadowhawk guitar is gorgeous! Does warmoth still offer fully built guitars these days?

I'd love to see a photo of your all koa body please. It must be amazing! 🤩🤩🤩

Do you have a pic of the one you got? I would love to see more of them.

Yes I will definitely get a photo once I open it, I haven't gotten my package yet, It got delivered but I have not gone to pick it up yet, its a challenge these days for me to be mobile. But I will post it and make a new thread as it will be my first build.

This release is much better than the unique choice options from last year. I’m not saying they were bad or anything but definitely not on the same level as these and the options last year were pretty minimal.

Ah okay, thank you for the info, I was starting to regret not checking warmoth the last few years. I always bought brand new or desirable used guitars but never had partscasters. This will be my first time making a partscaster and I look forward to it.

There is someone on this forum who built a thinline tele with koa and it looks exquisite! I want the same thinline tele flamed koa body for a build of my own. :cool: 🎸

Does warmoth still offer fully built guitars these days?

It is not a usual thing as Warmoth manufactures parts. Some were done as a special run initially intended for Warmoth's 40th Anniversary but were sold a little later due to the pandemic. These included the Meadowhawk (one linked above) and a model called the Redshifter.

It is not a usual thing as Warmoth manufactures parts. Some were done as a special run initially intended for Warmoth's 40th Anniversary but were sold a little later due to the pandemic. These included the Meadowhawk (one linked above) and a model called the Redshifter.

I see, hopefully they do more of these in the future on their anniversary dates. What did the redshifter look like?

Back