MI Audio Crunchbox

dudesweet157

So I've had mine a while (V2) and really like it through darker amps, but through the Blackface voice I've been using on my Superchamp XD lately, it's just a bit too bright, so I deduced it an optimal time to adjust the internal presence control.  I cracked 'er open and can't for the life of me find the damn thing.  I was expecting something that stood out a little bit more maybe.  I know a couple people here have one (Super LIzard and someone else), and was wondering if one of youse guys could give me a nudge in the right direction.  I don't want to mess with the wrong thing and FUBAR an otherwise excellent pedal (they're not cheap!).

Cheers,
Rose

dudesweet157 said:
So I've had mine a while (V2) and really like it through darker amps, but through the Blackface voice I've been using on my Superchamp XD lately, it's just a bit too bright, so I deduced it an optimal time to adjust the internal presence control.  I cracked 'er open and can't for the life of me find the damn thing.  I was expecting something that stood out a little bit more maybe.  I know a couple people here have one (Super LIzard and someone else), and was wondering if one of youse guys could give me a nudge in the right direction.  I don't want to mess with the wrong thing and FUBAR an otherwise excellent pedal (they're not cheap!).

Cheers,
Rose

Look for a little doo-hicky that looks like you can fit a small flathead screwdriver into... it's been awhile since I've been in there, so I don't recall what color, etc... it is.

Here's a google search pic which points to where it *used* to be (this guy moved it to an external knob)... maybe that'll help:

Crunchbox_mod_inside_arrow.JPG

Not at home so can't look right now.

Back