My Warmoth Strat, the 3 year update (lots o' pics)

dudesweet157

I had the strings off to re-set her up, and decided to do a mini montage of my #1.  It took two years of saving and almost a year of planning, but just about this time 3 years ago, I finally finished my dream guitar.  Between then and now she's been gigged, recorded, played hard, put up wet, but when push came to shove, she always delivered.  She's not exactly the pretty, pretty princess I imagined she'd forever be; she has her share of nicks and dings, but I wouldn't trade her for the world.
IMG_0381.jpg

The devil's face
IMG_0384.jpg

You can see some of the nicks and dings in this photo.  The one at the bottom near the strap button was put there by moi less than an hour after I got her back from my tech the first time (I was devastated and in a bad mood for days).
IMG_0385.jpg

The headstock shot
IMG_0382.jpg

And the reverse
IMG_0388.jpg

Here you can see where she hit a brick wall during practice last week
IMG_0383.jpg

Fretboard and inlays.  You can see a bit of wear on the fretboard in the first position, but the SS frets are still imaculate.  I love 'em!
IMG_0389.jpg

Back of the neck.  This was ordered as the plain, base price $157 maple and I got lucky with a bit of flame.  It has yellowed up nicely in the past 3 years
IMG_0387.jpg

When I bought the body, it was a gorgeous, deep, slightly bluish purple.  I loved it.  I hadn't noticed how much the color had changed until I popped the guard.  It has faded quite a bit to a pinkish hue, but I still love her.
IMG_0391.jpg

Another angle
IMG_0390.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers!
David

Nice to see its being well used!

I'm pretty amazed at the color differences after just three years.

knucklehead G said:

So am I!  Imagine it in another 5 years.  It'll be totally pink!  NTTAWWT, but I was kind of hoping that it would stay pretty purple...

dudesweet157 said:
knucklehead G said:

So am I!  Imagine it in another 5 years.  It'll be totally pink!  NTTAWWT, but I was kind of hoping that it would stay pretty purple...

Real men play pink, right?

CouchSpud said:
Man that thing's nice. I don't like purple, but that I could definitely live with... please?

Thanks man!  Just a spec rundown for those not in the know:

Maple/Ebony neck
-->SRV contour, 1-5/8" nut
--> SS 6105 frets
-->Sperzel Tuners

Swamp Ash/Flame Maple body
-->Wilkinson trem (though I've lost the arm)
-->Rio Grande pickups (Tallboy-Tallboy-Half Breed)
-->2nd tone on bridge pickup

Purple guitars rule :headbang1:
And this one is still a beauty :glasses9:
:rock-on:

Good choice of using Stainless Steel frets from the beginning.  Just let the guitar age gracefully and do not change a thing since it plays so well.

Back