New video: Aaron is throwing a tea party!

Fantastic! I’ve been mulling a similar order but with Cream binding. I love how the gold pearloid ties it all together. And of course great job sourcing the pickups too!

Very cool. Way outta my league, but still cool!

LOL. I figured the guy throwing around big bucks on 1176-style pedals would have no problems swinging for the bleachers on these, but I guess everyone has rent to pay.

Fantastic! I’ve been mulling a similar order but with Cream binding. I love how the gold pearloid ties it all together. And of course great job sourcing the pickups too!

You will have to wait for the last video to hear them (there are five total), but I'll give you a sneak preview and say the pickups are extraordinary. I called Josh and ordered a set with regular nickel covers for myself.

LOL. I figured the guy throwing around big bucks on 1176-style pedals would have no problems swinging for the bleachers on these, but I guess everyone has rent to pay.
Don't wanna derail the TEXAS TEA (my vote) however, compression is the very foundation of all life...............sorta.

Haven't heard or tried those humbuckers, but I tried the revelator tele pickups from righteous, and they were pretty good. Excellent choice.

Beautifull!

Kinda makes me gass for a Black and Gold Iceman bass with dual MM gold covered pickups... (just dreaming, even if offered, I'd have to pass, not enough gigs this year to afford a new bass).

The 2nd Les Paul I owned was black and gold with cream binding. This was back in the late 80's/early 90's. It was incredibly heavy, like carrying around a cast iron sink. That was when I figured out I hate Gibson ergonomics. I do a lot of muting with my right hand, and every Gibson bridge always feels like it's too far <-----forward. I like the shorter scale length. I've tried several Gibson's in the years since then, and I guess they never figured out where to locate the bridge where Leo (or maybe Jesus himself) intended. Fortunately, these should have neither of those issues. Still, that's a lot of gold. I'm gonna say, bordering on... TOO MUCH???

That's a nice guitar. I don't really care for the look of the pickups. I'd rather just have gold covers to match the rest of the gold hardware. I like everything else about it.
I vote "Texas Tea". Black Gold sounds a bit to generic to me.

You know @aarontunes, at this point since the kit comes with everything needed to build the guitar, it may as well include these as well!

Haha....that would complete the look for sure!

FYI, the kit includes the body, neck, pickups, and cavity covers. All the other bits and pieces are not included.

Back