Nobels ODR-1 ?

I once built an ODR-1 clone from a PedalPCB project; however, it was far, far too bassy. I replaced the 1k5 resistor with a 22k and it cleared up very nicely. I gave it away, but if I were to build another, I would actually add a 50k pot in that location and replace the 2.2uf cap with a .22uf cap. I think the Aion FX Andromeda does something similar since it also has a bass control built right in. It's a great sounding circuit once you tame the low end.

I once built an ODR-1 clone from a PedalPCB project; however, it was far, far too bassy. I replaced the 1k5 resistor with a 22k and it cleared up very nicely. I gave it away, but if I were to build another, I would actually add a 50k pot in that location and replace the 2.2uf cap with a .22uf cap. I think the Aion FX Andromeda does something similar since it also has a bass control built right in. It's a great sounding circuit once you tame the low end.
Well the new ones have a bass cut switch in the battery compartment.
I decided not to get one. Although it sounds pretty good, for what I'm doing I prefer the midrange presence of the TS-808.

I use one as my main OD sound. It takes some getting used to and mine is a clone with an added bass pot which I leave at about 75% to not be thin but not be too fat either.

Its not a TS style of sound but it is a good sound for many kinds of music. Its especially popular with Nashville session players so it works for Country and Rock pretty well.

Back