OK who's got it?

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Who here got my G4 ???.....Damn it, it's gone.....
runaway.gif

Hope my JB don't go away untill June, because I won't have money untill there, and will probably be hard that time...
I always thought this G4 was nice too! My condolences!

just to say: My 1000 post!  :icon_biggrin:

Sorry Dangerous, it was me :(
I guess a custom neckplate for it will be out of the question now... :sad1:
I'll be sure to post lots of pics of the build though!
(pleez don't hate me!)

Rickgrxbass said:
(pleez don't hate me!)

We do not hate you, but we only we'll be satisfied after everybody here eat a small piece of your viscera  :)

(just kidding  :icon_jokercolor:)
Great buy!
What is going to be the neck?
And if you DON'T give us pictures when done, you really will have problems here  :icon_biggrin:

NonsenseTele said:
What is going to be the neck?

I was figuring Wenge for the neck; either one piece or with an ebony or ziricote board, black or (ducks) gold hardware...
Figure I'd have time to sweat the details while slathering on coat after coat of tung oil on the body

Rickgrxbass said:
Sorry Dangerous, it was me :(
I guess a custom neckplate for it will be out of the question now... :sad1:
I'll be sure to post lots of pics of the build though!
(pleez don't hate me!)
That's ok man, least someone on the board got it. A custom neckplate is totally cool with me..... If you go with gold hardware I got a couple of gold "W" plates just waiting...:toothy10:

I think that black hardware would over-dark it... gold will fit the bill very nice!! which pickups?
If you get a ziricote fingerboard ask for a matching headstock veneer! You won't regret it!

This is how I invisioned it to be.....All maple birdseye neck with maybe some EMG's...... :headbang1:
2417809560_c091711128.jpg

guitlouie said:
DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:
Looks like foots! :icon_scratch:
yes they arefeet.....

Makes for better WALKING bass lines....
eeeeewwwwhhhh, that was cheesy.....It's actually a neck that I e-transplanted from a Jackson Surfcaster bass..And the "feet" I supose are representetive of "walking" the beach...

From the path he's taking, I'd say our surfin' beach-walking bass player's been breathing in more than sea air :glasses9: :glasses9: :rock-on:

NonsenseTele said:
I think that black hardware would over-dark it... gold will fit the bill very nice!! which pickups?
If you get a ziricote fingerboard ask for a matching headstock veneer! You won't regret it!

Good call, incidentally has anyone tried the "non-nickeled" gold colour frets?  I was going to go for stainless (probably still will), but the gold frets and gold hardware might light it up just right... either that or "bling it out" like a 72 Plymouth with 22" spoke wheels and a chandelier  :tard:

Pups are probably going to be Nordstrand NJ4SE or Bart 9J1; in any regard some sort of J combo with a Bart preamp (w/ passive option, natch) :cool01:

Rickgrxbass said:
Good call, incidentally has anyone tried the "non-nickeled" gold colour frets?  I was going to go for stainless (probably still will), but the gold frets and gold hardware might light it up just right... either that or "bling it out" like a 72 Plymouth with 22" spoke wheels and a chandelier  :tard:

I remember Gregg saying that the gold frets are almost the same hardness (and efect on playing) than Stainless...

Back