Quickie: Warmoth control holes fit mini switch?

exaN

Title. This switch in particular: http://www.warmoth.com/Mini-Switch-On-On-P135C80.aspx . Thanks!

The component mounting holes are I believe 3/8” for pots and 1/2” for pickup toggle switches, and that mini-switch is 1/4”. So yes it will fit but you’ll have to doctor it somewhat with hardware. I’ve had good luck using 1/4x5/8 washer on top and bottom and 1/4x3/8 washers to locate the miniswitch in the hole.

Edit: my experience has been on control plates/pickguards, can’t speak to mounting in wood. The diameters should be the same but the thickness may affect how much room you have on the bushing for hardware.

-VB- said:
The component mounting holes are I believe 3/8” for pots and 1/2” for pickup toggle switches, and that mini-switch is 1/4”. So yes it will fit but you’ll have to doctor it somewhat with hardware. I’ve had good luck using 1/4x5/8 washer on top and bottom and 1/4x3/8 washers to locate the miniswitch in the hole.

Edit: my experience has been on control plates/pickguards, can’t speak to mounting in wood. The diameters should be the same but the thickness may affect how much room you have on the bushing for hardware.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

As -VB- said, the hole size is off by .125". My experience is also with pickguards, but I've successfully used .250"ID x .375"OD vinyl tubing to compensate for the difference. Just cut a piece the same thickness as the material and slip it in place over the shaft of the switch.  :icon_thumright:

BigSteve22 said:
As -VB- said, the hole size is off by .125". My experience is also with pickguards, but I've successfully used .250"ID x .375"OD vinyl tubing to compensate for the difference. Just cut a piece the same thickness as the material and slip it in place over the shaft of the switch.  :icon_thumright:

That might be the cleanest solution, thanks!

Back