Schaller's version of the 510 stud mount??!

Surf n Music

I was browsing Schaller's website and found this. Looks pretty sweet and like the dimensions are pretty close to the 510. Anyone try one of these? The spacing of the posts are 81.8 vs Gotoh's 82 and the diameter of the post hole deals for the body is 11.2 vs Gotoh's 11.3. It has a 12" radius, I'm not sure what the gotoh is. Looks pretty clean.
Signum_group_single_parts.jpg

I have a couple/few of those in the Drawer of Misfit Parts. Haven't used one yet because there's no saddle height adjustment and I almost always use 10-16 compound radius necks that require an 18" radius at the bridge. But, they're the well-made parts as you'd expect from Schaller. If you have a straight 12" radius neck, I could see using one.

Cagey said:
I have a couple/few of those in the Drawer of Misfit Parts. Haven't used one yet because there's no saddle height adjustment and I almost always use 10-16 compound radius necks that require an 18" radius at the bridge. But, they're the well-made parts as you'd expect from Schaller. If you have a straight 12" radius neck, I could see using one.

Thanks for the heads up on the neck radius. Is the Gotoh 510 an 18" radius?

Surf n Music said:

The 510 is a series from Gotoh, so they're not all the same. My guess would be it's unlikely the one that matches the Schaller part does. However, the 510FB has height adjustable saddles, so you might be able to get an 18" radius out of it. Tough to say - looks like it may have a pretty limited adjustment range. Also, it needs a tailpeice. It's pretty much just an improved version of the TOM.

Cagey said:
Surf n Music said:

The 510 is a series from Gotoh, so they're not all the same. My guess would be it's unlikely the one that matches the Schaller part does. However, the 510FB has height adjustable saddles, so you might be able to get an 18" radius out of it. Tough to say - looks like it may have a pretty limited adjustment range. Also, it needs a tailpeice. It's pretty much just an improved version of the TOM.

That's good to know. Some of the VIP's though are set up for the 510 stud mount that warmoth sells. Is that on adjustable as well?
510UB.jpg

No. At one time, that bridge was adjustable, but no more. You may be able to find a used one out in the world somewhere. You'll recognize it by the appearance of height adjusting screws in the saddles themselves.

Thanks Cagey! They need to put you on the payroll. I think you help W sell a lot of guitars  :icon_thumright:

Thank you for the kind words. But, their salespeople are pretty knowledgeable. I think they're covered.

Just a file. No shims. But files work well. To flatten the radius just attack the inside saddles. Leave the E's alone. To tighten it up get after the outside saddles. Brass saddles make the job easier but it's still not too difficult, especially if you have a radius gauge.

pabloman said:
Just a file. No shims. But files work well. To flatten the radius just attack the inside saddles. Leave the E's alone. To tighten it up get after the outside saddles. Brass saddles make the job easier but it's still not too difficult, especially if you have a radius gauge.

I'd be willing to try. I like this. The nut file would probably work well too? I think. Just need a radius gauge and I'm in business. Got my wheels turning pabloman.

Back