Show us your Unique Choice Tops

Yes, that tele of Tonar's is a real classic beauty  :glasses9:
It has always been one of my favorite on the forum!!!
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

@frown – that is one beautiful guitar. (Just visited the build thread – superb.) I really like the design and detail choices you made –  the woods, of course, no PG, no dots on the FB, even the neck plate. Just lovely. Have you uploaded any sound files? Would love to hear it. Really wonder what that combo of woods + pups would be like.

BTW how do you like those pups? Considered putting them on a JM build I'm currently accumulating parts for, but ultimately decided to go with JM pups. Will be keeping them in mind for the future...

Glimmer said:
@frown – that is one beautiful guitar. (Just visited the build thread – superb.) I really like the design and detail choices you made –  the woods, of course, no PG, no dots on the FB, even the neck plate. Just lovely. Have you uploaded any sound files? Would love to hear it. Really wonder what that combo of woods + pups would be like.

BTW how do you like those pups? Considered putting them on a JM build I'm currently accumulating parts for, but ultimately decided to go with JM pups. Will be keeping them in mind for the future...

Hi Glimmer,

Many thanks! Less is more in my view, hence the cleaner look. As yet not recorded anything on it due to not having suitable kit at the moment - one day I will... As for sounds, acoustically it sounds dry and snappy when digging in, but subdued and soft with casual strumming.

Powered up, it's ballsy and poky and one thing I've definitely noticed is how dynamic the timbre is when changing picking position. This obviously is affected by the woods and bridge, as it's clearly got a bouncier tone nearer the bridge - especially with coil split [I have these wired for full HB in vol 'down' and split with vol 'up'].

As for characteristics, I'd describe them as quite neutral - they don't favour mids / lows / highs etc, just nice and balanced.

I'd absolutely recommend them - even more so as there are Tele, Strat, humbucker, soapbar and jazz versions available...

This forum needs to get a LIKE button.  I very much like many of the guitars posted here and appreciate the kind words about mine but am not going to quote and comment on them all.  Consider them ALL to be LIKED.

:kewlpics:

Ok, I posted my lineup recently but have sold my P bass and replaced it with a JPJ in a J body with a quilt maple UC top on a chambered mahogany body.  Neck is quartersawn flame maple and rosewood.

By the way, how do you guys load full size pics?  Mine all default to thumbs.

Attachments

• IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    925.3 KB · Views: 321
  • JPJ and JJJ.jpg
    JPJ and JJJ.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 303
The bigger pictures you see, folks are using a photo hosting service like Photobucket, Flickr, Imgur or some such and then add a link to the image in the post.

Back