Warmoth 4-string neck & lining up the Gotoh GB707E tuners

draebyllek

Has anyone ever made a template for the Warmoth 2+2 headstock that perfectly lines up the GB707E Gotoh tuners? I hate it that Warmoth leaves these little details as guess work for the customer after 99% of the work is done and you've paid enough money for a neck with all the details.

This is a nice Birdseye Maple neck, ebony fingerboard, cream binding, so I'd like to get the last detail *right* before I go drilling into the thing, you know?

Last edited:
Not that I am aware of. Most necks supplied by Warmoth those details are left to the customer to do. There are templates and jigs available for things like the 2 post alignment holes for Fender tuners etc, but they are not really needed for tuners that have a single screw.

It is a simple job to insert the tuners and using the washer and nuts (not fully tightened at this point) you then position the tuners where you want them. The holes for the screw then effectively become the template for you to mark or drill where the pilot holes need to go. Use a sharp, suitable size drill and also wax your screws.

The dimensions are shown here of the GB707:

Not that I am aware of. Most necks supplied by Warmoth those details are left to the customer to do. There are templates and jigs available for things like the 2 post alignment holes for Fender tuners etc, but they are not really needed for tuners that have a single screw.

It is a simple job to insert the tuners and using the washer and nuts (not fully tightened at this point) you then position the tuners where you want them. The holes for the screw then effectively become the template for you to mark or drill where the pilot holes need to go. Use a sharp, suitable size drill and also wax your screws.

The dimensions are shown here of the GB707:

at least a suggestable template could be provided. For stuff like this, I like for things to be 'just so'. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

at least a suggestable template could be provided. For stuff like this, I like for things to be 'just so'. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

Looks like you managed fine. It is part of the building process, getting things just so.

Back