Warmoth customer service is epic but puts me in a dilemma. Help needed!

alexreinhold

I recently ordered a neck and a Flying V body (V-K). The body arrived with a small dent on the wing. After writing Warmoth, they immediately put in production a new body which they will send in 2-3 weeks.

So far so amazing re Warmoth customer service...

...but now I will have two identical Flying V bodies (albeit one with a small dent) and only one neck. What to do with the second body? I am in between using it as a test body, hang it on the wall or build a second Flying V (which I don't need, I guess?). For the latter, I'd need a new neck but I really don't want to spend more on shipping and customs to Europe.

Aaah, what do I do?

Weeeel, if the dent is not that big you could try to steam it out using the old wet rag and soldering iron trick. Has to be bare wood mind you. This trick as worked for me multiple times. Then sell the body locally.

Or you can send that body to me...

Gaze deeeeeply at my avatar for 1 hour and say aloud this phrase over and again........"I endeavor to play less metal and incorporate some blues, and as such, I will use my extra V body to create a Lonnie Mack tribute V complete with Bigsby"

Buy a replacement neck from Thomann for example with a half paddle headstock and shape it to a V shape.

Alternate idea: Build up a guitar and donate it to a fundraiser, or to a kid who can't afford a decent instrument. If you need parts, I have lots.

Edit: I see you are in Berlin, @alexreinhold , so it might make sense to see if any of our european brothers and sisters might have spare parts they can donate. But I am happy to pay shipping for a good cause.

Alternate idea: Build up a guitar and donate it to a fundraiser, or to a kid who can't afford a decent instrument. If you need parts, I have lots.

Edit: I see you are in Berlin, @alexreinhold , so it might make sense to see if any of our european brothers and sisters might have spare parts they can donate. But I am happy to pay shipping for a good cause.
Donation/charity/fundraiser stuff sounds awesome - you can make a real difference. And it'll help build future audiences!

I'm leaving all my guitars to schools when I die, until then they are mine to play, sell or hoard and I don't want to see them vulture kids riding their bikes around my house.

I recently ordered a neck and a Flying V body (V-K). The body arrived with a small dent on the wing. After writing Warmoth, they immediately put in production a new body which they will send in 2-3 weeks.

So far so amazing re Warmoth customer service...

...but now I will have two identical Flying V bodies (albeit one with a small dent) and only one neck. What to do with the second body? I am in between using it as a test body, hang it on the wall or build a second Flying V (which I don't need, I guess?). For the latter, I'd need a new neck but I really don't want to spend more on shipping and customs to Europe.

Aaah, what do I do?

Warmoth execs: Hey marketing guy Aaron, figure out how to sell more necks.
Aaron: I have an idea...

actually, that's a great idea, I have two dimarzio neck humbuckers I could donate, a red pearl jazzmaster pickguard (for humbuckers), might have more over the summer, when I thin the herd by one. It'll be parted out and what's left ....

Gaze deeeeeply at my avatar for 1 hour and say aloud this phrase over and again........"I endeavor to play less metal and incorporate some blues, and as such, I will use my extra V body to create a Lonnie Mack tribute V complete with Bigsby"
good idea.
Buy a replacement neck from Thomann for example with a half paddle headstock and shape it to a V shape.
great idea.

best idea!

@europe people does anyone wanna join in by donating parts?

@europe people does anyone wanna join in by donating parts?

This IS a great idea!

If you watched my last video about the top 5 things guitars suffer from you know I have a big 'ol box of spare parts. None particularly valuable, but I have a bunch of tuner sets, knobs, and pots I'd be happy to donate/send.

What are the bodies specs?
That might help inform what spare parts folks may have that might work.

I think this could shape up to something really cool.

The V-K body's specs are:
  • Black Korina
  • Right-Handed
  • Rear Rout (Standard)
  • Neck and Bridge Humbucker
  • No 24 fret position
  • Volume 1, Volume 2, Tone 1
  • 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
  • Gotoh 510 Tremolo
  • Standard 4-Bolt Strat pocket
  • Custom Contoured Heel
  • No battery box
Hence, we will need:
  • Two humbuckers
  • Neck
  • Tuners
  • Potis, switches and knobs
  • Belt pins
Also, yesterday I had a chat with a befriended baker who has been donating bread to people in need in Ukraine and has a lot of credible contacts over there. This could be a potential donation destination (disclaimer: not for political motivations, just to make someone in need happy).

I've got two neck humbuckers to donate one's a PAF 36th anniversary dimarzio, the other is an Air Classic Neck, which one would suit you? Let me know. Or would both? I've tried them as a set with the Air Classic in the neck and the PAF in the bridge, and it doesn't match, but they work and if you don't do strumming with both at the same time it works, especially for jazz. A jazzer would like it. Strumming Combined, ugh. And since I'm a strummer it doesn't work for me, but if someone has nothing or is a jazz guy ...

Back