Warmoth neck heel markings

dudesweet157

Someone has posted a Warmoth neck for sale locally, but they didn’t post the specs. They did, however, post a semi legible photo of the neck heel as follows:

IMG_8858.jpeg

I’m know what everything means except for the handwritten marking in the top, left hand corner. To me, it appears to be “WL”, but I have no idea what that could stand for.

Just to double check as well, lack of a branded description means this is a Standard Thin profile, right?

if you see "SS" it doesn't mean stainless steel frets!! it means Short Scale
We are talking about a different location, but you are also correct. If it is handwritten where dudesweet was referring to then that is stainless.

Punched at the heel by our working order number that would be Short Scale or Mustang which is stamped with an M.

Just wanted to clarify.

SS appears before the Fretwire designation.
If there is no SS at the Fretwire designation, then your Fretwire is standard, not stainless.

If SS appears elsewhere with no Fretwire designation with it, then you have a Gibson Conversion scale neck, but, even easier than that, if the fretboard extension is rounded, you have a standard scale neck. If it is squared, you have a Gibson Scale conversion neck.

Back