Warmoth prototypes

musicispeace

I would like to see Warmoth put at least some of their prototypes into the showcase once a year or so. Could be very interesting and have the added benefit of tidying up the office there.

Or, hand 'em out to trick 'r treaters at Halloween. Or, use 'em to heat the office during the winter.

I like the Halloween thing - could make for a neat marketing contest - but most manufacturers don't care to have any of their experiments/mistakes filter out to the public. Better to destroy them so no bad examples exist, plus there's likely a tax write-off available.

You mean like this:
http://www.gibson.com/news-lifestyle/gear-tech/en-us/how-gibson-g-force-automatic-tuning-works.aspx

I believe they have.  Remember the Prince Teles,  Then later the prototypes of it they sold.

Top 10 things Warmoth Does With Prototypes

10. Feed the Warmoth burn pile (which, like the Olympic torch, is never allowed to die), then dance around it like Lord of the Flies.
9. You know what makes a great cutting board? A Tele body.
8. Use them for shields and swords in some pretty epic company-wide boffing tournaments.
7. Guitar parts Jenga.
6. Fuel company barbecues (the burgers taste like poly, but everyone seems to have a GREAT time)
5. Guitar necks make great back scratchers.
4. They're also good for turning off the lights, without getting out of your chair
3. Guitar body shuffleboard.
2. Offer them to orphans, then when their eyes light up, yank them away and throw them on the Warmoth burn pile
1. Offer them to Unofficial Warmoth members, then when their eyes light up, yank them away and give them to orphans

double A said:

2. Offer them to orphans, then when their eyes light up, yank them away and throw them on the Warmoth burn pile...

The prototypes or the orphans?

Hehe! Lotta syllables for so few words. It's like an English form of German :laughing7:

English already is a form of German. A huge amount of borrowed Latin/French/Spanish, but its rules are German, which is one of the reasons that makes it so durcheinanderbringen.

Fat Pete said:
double A said:

2. Offer them to orphans, then when their eyes light up, yank them away and throw them on the Warmoth burn pile...

The prototypes or the orphans?
I damn near spewed coffee all over my keyboard. :icon_biggrin: :laughing11:

Well to be strictly accurate, German is German.

English, is a West Germanic language with influences of other Germanic languages such as Norse plus French and Latin and whatever else we can hobson jobson into the mix.

Dutch is also Germanic but is not German.

So not all Germanic languages are German. Although German is also Germanic.

double A said:

8. Use them for shields and swords in some pretty epic company-wide boffing tournaments.

Hmmm.. I wonder if that word means something different in your part of the world?

**Nerd Alert**

Here in the U.S., at least, "boffing" refers to LARP (live-action roleplay) that involves simulated combat.  Which is a very polite way of saying "fantasy role-play enthusiasts who like to hit each other with foam or foam-clad weapons while wearing foam armor".  Which is a non-judgemental way of saying "NEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRDDS!*" 

It's like war re-enactments, but for fictional wars.  Also, some hardcore enthusiasts may not bother with the foam, but usually everyone has to agree.  It's like if everyone's playing touch [American] football, the first person to tackle someone is probably not making any friends/going to get booted.

**This concludes our test of the Nerd Alert system**

*Only we can use this word.

I don't really want to imagine people doing that to each other with Warmoth prototypes (in a tournament form?), so I'm going to stick to my nerdy definition.  It's safer that way.

Swedish and Norwegian are considered separate languages, but a Swede once told me you could be halfway through a news  article before you realized which language it was. I think most Americans can still understand "proper" british english, and most of the former commonwealth, but street British/Welsh/Suffolk/EastEnders/Scottish/Ulster/Lancastrian/Yorkshire/Smoggie/etc... dialects could probably be officially declared distinct languages and not just dialects now.  I know _I_ sure can't understand a word they're saying.

Swedes living farther up north, closer to Norway, are probably better at understanding norwegian. I have a really hard time understanding them.
On the other hand, living in the south, close to Denmark, have made me better at understanding danish. But all three languages - although to a foreigner they all probably sound very similar and sharing several words - are three pretty distinct separate languages.

And then - of course - there's Iceland ...  ??? :icon_scratch: where everything sounds like ...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Cun-LZvOTdw[/youtube]

amigarobbo said:
double A said:

Hmmm.. I wonder if that word means something different in your part of the world?
It does. There are many such differences between there (Aus) and here (US). I got a bunch of odd looks in a restaurant in Sydney when I leaned back, smiled and said, "I'm stuffed". :icon_biggrin:

Back