When you discover a song with your name as the title - and you don't like it

fdesalvo

How did this happen LOL!

https://music.apple.com/us/album/frank-de-salvo/187381139?i=187381953

I ended up finding these guys on Twitter after stumbling across it and have had a funny relationship with the lead singer since.  Bunch of great guys from Scotland with a shoegazey thing?  I'm not sure.  Anyway, what a time to be alive.

I mean, your name is at least reasonably likely to occur in any reasonable sized conurbation.  Call me when you run into a song called "Ian Bagger" and then you'll really blow my mind.

Good or bad, I know it would blow my mind to find a song with my name as the title. Or in the lyrics. Did they mention how they chose it?

My father's name is Phil Cheney.

When MJ's Billie Jean first came out, the chorus sounded to me like "Phil Cheney is not my lover....he's just a guy who claims that I am the one. But Phil Cheney is not my son." My friends and I all sang it that way for years.

Believe me, I'm safe on finding my name in a song. Unless my ex-wives start a band and sing about the good one who got away :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

My wife's name is Roxanne.  I love the look of disdain she gives, when say a waiter comes over and introduces themselves, "hi my name is xxxxx, and I'll be your waiter/waitress.  Hi, my name is rauchman and this is Roxanne"....and then immediately, on cue, the waiter/waitress will start singing Roxanne from the Police.  I'll then say something like, if you have any interest in getting a tip, you'll stop singing that song.

rauchman said:
My wife's name is Roxanne.  I love the look of disdain she gives, when say a waiter comes over and introduces themselves, "hi my name is xxxxx, and I'll be your waiter/waitress.  Hi, my name is rauchman and this is Roxanne"....and then immediately, on cue, the waiter/waitress will start singing Roxanne from the Police.  I'll then say something like, if you have any interest in getting a tip, you'll stop singing that song.

iu

Never saw the full name in a song--first name James/Jim/Jimmy sure.

Last name? Not so much.

There is a song by the 17/18th century blind Irish harpist Turlough O'Carolan called Miss Fetherston (Carolan's Devotion) which is my daughter's name. It's the only son he composed with English lyrics.

I'm safe.  Most people can't even pronounce my name, let alone spell it.  And trying to both spell it correctly AND pronounce it? 

Only my close friends and family have that capability, and only one is a musician.  And he wouldn't do that to me, because we've been friends for over 30 years, and we know things about each other.

Someone posted a Tommy Tutone meme recently. And some I know (Jennifer) was like "Hey don't be spreading that around"

Back