"Number nine. Number nine. Number nine..."

Here are my files.

I just couldn't get into the groove, so I said screw it & just did a bunch of straight through takes & kept the this one.  Ugh!!! :tard:

I used a chambered mahogany Warmoth strat w/ a flame koa top, mahogany neck, bloodwood fingerboard, floyd & Mr Browny PUs through a modified tube screamer, Analogman CompROSSor & amplitube.

Doughboy Mix : http://www.mediafire.com/?fkc943arlha9dv6

Doughboy Solo : http://www.mediafire.com/?cvjvgw245402k3q

ok added it to the mix.... one day left and I doubt we'll get any more. It's too bad that some of you guys didn't feel good about it, I kind of like the result.  Maybe it's because I spend a good amount of time practicing with simple vamps like this. I have a feeling my track will also bother everyone. :laughing7: But I hope we can get a few people do participate in my experiment. I may need people to double up hehehe :laughing7:

kboman said:
Glad you liked it :) I've listened a lot to Iron & Wine's The Sheperd's Dog lately, I think that's where I got the feel.

This jam expires on 30th october btw!

That is a beautiful record  :icon_thumright:  The new Iron & Wine album comes out soon.

GoDrex said:
ok added it to the mix.... one day left and I doubt we'll get any more. It's too bad that some of you guys didn't feel good about it, I kind of like the result.  Maybe it's because I spend a good amount of time practicing with simple vamps like this. I have a feeling my track will also bother everyone. :laughing7: But I hope we can get a few people do participate in my experiment. I may need people to double up hehehe :laughing7:

As long as the drum beat is totally constant & in time, it should be fine. The last tracks rhythm wavered a bit & it threw me off & I couldn't get a decent groove going, hence just doing a one take solo & submitting it, warts & all.

Well, I did say it's been a while since I played a keyboard... How do you do when you play with human beings?

kboman said:
Well, I did say it's been a while since I played a keyboard... How do you do when you play with human beings?

I WISH I was playing with human beings. The majority of the other humans that I used to play with don't play anymore & the very few that do ,have let their chops go to the point of being almost beginners again. Right now, it's mostly me & my trusty computer.  :dontknow:

Doughboy said:
kboman said:

I WISH I was playing with human beings. The majority of the other humans that I used to play with don't play anymore & the very few that do ,have let their chops go to the point of being almost beginners again. Right now, it's mostly me & my trusty computer.  :dontknow:

I wish i could jam with some live people - and loudly too :headbang: - - I just don't know anyone around here. It's tough for me to find the kinds of players that I really want to put the effort in to jam with. I don't really want to play cover tunes and I like being really experimental. I don't really care if I play out.

Doughboy said:
kboman said:

Ouch, I know that pain. A few people being loud in a room together is a great, great thing and nothing can really replace it. Not to mention playing live!

I'm not in a band at the time, but I'm working on putting one together. Not quite the prog rock outfit I semi-secretly crave, but it could be fun nevertheless. Will update if/when we record anything.

OK here's my mix of number 9 - - I kind of like this one - too bad more didn't feel the same way. :icon_thumright:

the order is GoDrex, Panthur, kboman, Doughboy, Godrex

http://www.wfzr.net/warmoth/Unofficial_Warmoth_Jam_9.mp3

Doughboy said:
kboman said:

I WISH I was playing with human beings.

I wish i was playing with a woman right now...  :laughing7:

Back