Mooncaster Bass

Got a bench sander? Get rid of that tilt pretty fast with one of those. Might need to make a little jig to hold onto the thing, but that's gotta be easy. A 3" chunk of 2x4 with a short hold-back fence or lip on one end would be fine.

Cagey said:
Got a bench sander? Get rid of that tilt pretty fast with one of those. Might need to make a little jig to hold onto the thing, but that's gotta be easy. A 3" chunk of 2x4 with a short hold-back fence or lip on one end would be fine.

Yes...I did that before with another build.  Let’s see what they say...

I am taking advantage of the sunny and 75 degree weather and taking some outside shots.  The sun really brings out some of the reddish tones.

I have been playing this a bit as I am setting it up and wow...I am so impressed.  I am not a bass player but it really feels good...very guitar like.  The 32 inch scale works great with this body.  I am so glad we went with the hotter Thunder Mag pickups.  You can really shape these things with the tone knob.

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 22
  • final2.jpg
    final2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
Any sound clips?  Would love to hear what the combination of pickups, semi-hollow body, and short scale do for the sound (if anything).

Sovereign_13 said:
Any sound clips?  Would love to hear what the combination of pickups, semi-hollow body, and short scale do for the sound (if anything).

Let wait until my son gets home in two weeks.  I will get some clips.

This is coming from Doug.  It will replace the truss rod cover....

Attachments

• DMRACO TRC 2.jpg
    DMRACO TRC 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 20
Back